Dixon shooting sports
Allow us to assist you in planning the ultimate experience at our Sportsman Adventures Complex. Below you will find our hours of operation, contact information, and current pricing. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions, and we look forward to hosting you at our complex.
Non-Member Day Pass: $10.00
Annual Membership includes: free use of Rifle and Pistol Ranges, personal pin code for access gate (open to members during hours of daylight), invites to members only shoots, 10% discount on ammuntion purchases, and much more…
Special Event pricing may vary.
Dixon Shooting Sports
Address: 418 Dixon Range Road, Clintwood VA 24228
Pistol Range and Rifle Range
$5.00: Non-Member Per Person
.20 Cents per clay: Members
.30 Cents per clay: Non-Members
.15 Cents per clay: Members
.17 Cents per clay: Non-Members
Rimfire Range – Under construction. Coming soon!
International Defense Pistol Association Range – Under construction. Coming soon!
Archery Tournaments with 40% to paid class winners!
$20.00 – ASA Paid Classes:
- Open 50/45/40 – Known 50/45/40 – Pins 45/40
- Young Adult (15-17) Open/Pins
$20.00 – IBO Paid Classes:
- Master Bowhunter
- All Remaining ASA and IBO classes.
- Target for Archery Practice Bales
Dixon Shooting Range Rules
- You must always have your permit and photo ID with you
- No firearm is to be used on any range other than the range designated for that discipline–NOGUNS on archery range and NO BOWS on the gun range.NO shotguns on pistol range
- Stay in designated areas on the range
- Never shoot at glass or other non-biodegradable targets on any range.
- Always keep firearms pointed in downrange and only fire directly downrange.
- Never crossfire at a target.
- All firearms must be unloaded, broken open and/or display an empty chamber flag until you areon the firing line ready to fire.
- Fully automatic or simulated fire is prohibited.
- Members are responsible for picking up any hulls or trash.
- All visitors must check in at the range office upon arrival.
- No rifles or pistols on skeet or trap ranges.
- Report any unsafe activity or gun handling to a staff member immediately.
- Anyone not following range rules could face fines or loss of membership and will be removedfrom the shooting range.
- Eye and hearing protection must be worn at all times while shooting.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be under direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
- No tracer ammunition is allowed on any range.
- Southwest Regional Recreation Authority/DixonShooting Range is not responsible for lost orstolen items or accidents occurring on property.
- No drugs or alcohol allowed at any time.
- Intentional vandalism or fraud will result in loss of membership and possible prosecution.
- Any questions or to report any issues with range equipment or vandalism, please call the rangeoffice at 276-926-2111.